Sunday 6 January 2013

Akin Unver - Talent from another dimension

As a musician, when I watch/hear a super talented artist there are one of the two feelings that I go through:
1. Get Inspired - Practice harder
2. This artist's a genius. Don't even try catching up with him/her
Akin Unver gave me a bit of both feelings. This is the first time that something like this has ever happened to me. He is a multi- faceted instrumentalist. I have watched videos of him where he plays The Chapman Stick, Guitar, The Cello and The Piano. The really cool part? He's equally good at playing all the instruments. We have all heard of "The Jack of All Trades". Well this guy is a master of all trades. His original compositions as well as covers speak volumes of musical (ingenious) beauty. Akin Unver is skilled and one can't help but think if he hails from a parallel universe where all the uber-talented people belong. The more you listen to him the more elated you feel. Akin Unver is pure talent and he is someone who should be touring the world (and other planets where life may exist). He is that good. His songs are beautifully structured and his compositions as well as his playing ability is something that are woven in gold. When you listen to his music you can't point out to one favorite. All of his songs are bloody brilliant. He's even played Bach on the Chapman Stick. He is definitely one the most unique artists I have com across in a long time. You can listen to his songs on his website and I do recommend you go there right now and listen/watch his stuff. You shall not be disappointed. Here's a video of him playing The Sonata in F minor by Domenico Scarlatti on the Chapman Stick (even deciding what video of his to put took me quite a while. Again, yes, he is that good!):

3 comments:

  1. I had never even heard of a Chapman Stick before, but Im sure glad I know now. Brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another excellent post on the Music Brewery, we're getting used to it ^^
    I've been following you for a while, excellent blog.
    And now that I'm at it, have a look at this website, I thought that you might enjoy it:
    Rare Music

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. What a concept! WIll definitely be a regular. Pls do check out my other posts too. :)

      Delete