Thursday 13 December 2012

Chooka Parker - Exquisite beyond imaginations.

I saw Chooka Parker first on Australia's Got Talent. This teenage piano playing sensation is one of the most brilliant and versatile artists I have come across. Chooka Parker is a self-taught pianist and hails from a small little community in Australia (a community that apparently doesn't have a pub). This kid is good. His variations of Amazing Grace and Fur Elise are supreme. The best part about Chooka Parker is that he pretty much improvises everything on the spot and that is something quite awesome for someone who is self-taught. Listening to Chooka Parker will give you some major goosebumps. Most of the videos you'll find on YouTube are recorded at his home or on live shows. His first album No Worries is up on his website. Whatever little I have heard of this young boy has pretty much blown me away.

Here's his video of his first AGT audition. Have fun:

4 comments:

  1. This is awesome!! I feel so proud to be Australian with people like Chooka making their names in the world. Beautiful music too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Pratyush! I have more music on my Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/ChookaParkerChannel for you to enjoy :) I also have my debut album 'No Worries!' available via that page. Thanks again.
    Chooka Parker

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering Pratyush whether you agree with Chookas racist comments about Indigenous Australians.

    ReplyDelete