Sunday 30 December 2012

Thomas Zwijsen - Iron Maiden on classical

This is one guy who blew me away like a nuclear bomb was planted in my head. Thomas Zwijsen plays Iron Maiden on a nylon-classical guitar. Yes, you read that right. A nylon-classical guitar. I stumbled onto him while I was on an Iron Maiden trip. His guitar playing and arrangements of Iron Maiden songs were stupendous to say the least. At the end of every song I felt the need to stand up and applaud. This man has the ability to transform Iron Maiden's songs into soothing, resplendent and gracious tunes. He is one guy who's pretty much paid justice to Iron Maiden in his own unique way.
Watching him play is quite a treat. He enjoys his playing (which is evident when he smiles), his one finger is enough to devour a guitar and he adds a very different kind of exquisiteness to the usually powerfully-dark Maiden songs.
His album Nylon Maiden is up for grabs on his website. His album has 11 unique arrangements of Iron Maiden songs and I would definitely suggest you to go pick this up.

Here's a video of him playing The Clansman (with Blaze Bayley - ex vocalist for Iron Maiden):

No comments:

Post a Comment