Friday 15 February 2013

Peter Chains - Unbelievably Haunting

Every now and then you come across an artist whose music and voice will haunt you. Peter Chains is one of them. A friend recommended this artist to me and ever since I heard his song The River I have been hooked.
His EP (extended playlist) Carrion Crows consists of six superb tracks. An acoustic guitar, a voice that's humble, dark, haunting and soothing all at the same time and songwriting skills that will give you goosebumps. His talent is raw, simple and is something that probably belies his own ears.It is amazing what this man can do with the little resources he has. If he were to be given a whole band and some fancy equipment he would go a long way, that I can assure you. Catching your ear right from the word go is not easy and somehow Peter Chains has managed to do this with ease.
His song Witch on the Pyre is brilliant. dark, deep and yet I ended up with a wide smile on my face. The rest of the songs on his EP are equally brilliant no doubt, but this song stood out. I can't really explain why, but it did. You can listen to the album on his bandcamp page (and I suggest you buy it too. Help this guy become big).
Here's The River performed live by Peter Chains:

No comments:

Post a Comment